Natural Language Processing Engineer
Next IT is the intelligent interface company. We pioneered the world of digital, conversational assistants (chatbots) and since 2002 we have been finding ways to make them think more intelligently and act more naturally. We’re looking for a Natural Language Processing (NLP) Engineer to join our Spokane team and make contributions to the research, architecture and development of Next IT’s conversational AI technologies and solutions.
We want to hear from you if:
- You have a desire to design and develop conversational AI technologies and solutions for Fortune 5000 companies that deliver business value and excellent user experience
- You want to work with a variety of methodologies, tools and applications
- You have a commitment to quality and performance from architecture through implementation
- You are open to trying and learning new things
- You like to assess data and put it to use as we explore and identify opportunities
Desired Skills and Experience
Technical degree (CS/MIS/CIS) from an accredited four-year college and/or equivalent experience; Degree in General Linguistics, Applied Linguistic, and Language Technologies is a plus.
- Experienced with Agile/Scrum practices and principles
- Knowledge of web technologies (e.g. HTML, XML, CSS)
- Experience with natural language processing and AI is desirable
- Understanding of software quality assurance testing
- Secondary language is beneficial (Spanish, Portuguese, French, German)
- A minimum of one years’ relevant industry experience in a customer-facing role.
- Practical knowledge of formal syntax, formal semantics, corpus analysis, dialogue management.
- Strong understanding of morphology, lexicology, phonetics, pragmatics, automated speech analysis and synthesis
- Solid understanding of statistics (preferably in applied natural language analysis), mathematics, machine-learning, machine translation, computer-aided language learning (in combination with language studies will be an important plus)
Candidate must be able to successfully clear all required federal, state and county background checks, including a higher level government screening if required for project.
Other: Next IT offers a fast paced work environment with competitive compensation and excellent benefits including comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k). Next IT Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Or email us at: Careers@NextIT.com