We’re a company of innovative problem solvers who thrive in a fast-paced environment. We believe language understanding holds the keys for ubiquitous AI, and we're passionate about working as a team to create cutting-edge technology. Our conversational AI is a layer of technology that sits between our clients and their customers to answer complex questions, execute solutions and deliver the right outcome.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team in developing leading-edge chatbot and conversational AI systems for the Global 5000. The Software Engineer contributes to the design, development, and implementation of the Alme Cognitive Integration Platform that interfaces with various other system components to expose functionality and data through APIs. Utilizes proficiency and highly developed skills to work on complex projects. Possesses experience with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the position under occasional supervision. Utilizes current experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Designs, implements and tests complex software applications.
- Responsible for mid-level designs and contributes to high-level designs.
- Leads and participates in Design Reviews.
- Provides effective communication with geographically distributed team members.
- Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test execution, and certification of software.
- Escalates urgent issues to Engineering Management.
- Can provide peer advisement to other Software Engineers, through code/design reviews and peer-programming efforts.
- May interact with Business Analyst to ensure that specifications are satisfied.
- Communicates design, reliability and maintenance problems to appropriate internal resources.
- A Software Engineer may function in a Support Role with the following added responsibilities:
- Responsible for debugging, troubleshooting and developing technical solutions in the form of software patches related to software and setup errors.
- Creates workaround solutions when product procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related degree
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years C# programming experience
- Experience developing/consuming REST based web services
- Experience in fault-tolerant or highly-available, distributed systems.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within software design and development.
- Experience in Object Oriented analysis and design.
- Successful completion of Verint’s background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, and SS verification; and successful completion of a credit check for travel related roles.
- Experience in real-time or high-performance computing (primarily on Windows server platforms).
- Cloud based development experience with Amazon Web Services or similar preferred
- Experience with build tools such as Gradle, Maven, and Jenkins is a plus
- Working knowledge of distributed source control solutions such as Git and TFS
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
- Ability to learn third party documentation while designing and writing code based on this documentation as a sole source of information.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a dynamic, distributed team environment.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to adhere to strict delivery schedules and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with larger-scale software development projects is a plus.
- Knowledge of various Software Development Methodologies (particularly Agile) and experience in all stages of the software development lifecycle is a plus.
- General understanding and proven real-world design experience with operating system fundamentals (multi-processing, multi-threading, inter-process communication, disk I/O, network I/O, memory allocation, etc.).
Next IT offers a fast paced work environment with competitive compensation and excellent benefits including comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k).
Next IT Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Next IT is proudly based in Spokane Valley, Washington.
Next IT is a Verint company. Visit Verint.com to learn more.