Sr. SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
Next IT, a Verint company, has an immediate need for a Sr. SDET to work out of our Spokane Valley, WA office. The Sr. SDET is assigned to the Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVA) Solution Delivery Team within the Verint Intelligent Self-Service organization. The Sr. SDET will significantly contribute to the Solutions Delivery Organization as a key technical team member implementing client projects as well as providing technical leadership and process improvement recommendations to the Quality Assurance Center of Excellence.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
• Lead the development of testing automation frameworks and tools in a rapidly evolving environment.
• Implement and provide junior team members with training on all appropriate technologies and procedures
• Develop and implement automated testing procedures
• Black Box and White Box testing
• Develop Test Plan / Test Cases and related documentation. Test types include performance, stress, functional, configuration, integration and others as appropriate.
• Participate in conversations with project and functional team members to help identify opportunities and potential improvements to the overall testing and development processes.
• Lead the research and development of tools and techniques for efficient and improved software testing.
• Leads regular and frequent discussions with project and functional team members to help identify opportunities and potential improvements to the overall testing and development processes.
• BA/BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field experience
• 5+ years working experience test automation or software development
• Skilled in application development (C++, C#, Java, VB, .NET)
• Significant experience using automation test tools (Selenium, Watir, QTP, etc)
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience with web technologies (IIS, web services, browsers)
• Skilled writing in scripting languages (HTML, CSS, XML, bash, shell, etc)
• Extensive experience writing SQL
• Experience in backend testing and white box testing
• Successful completion of Verint’s background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, and SS verification; and successful completion of a credit check for travel related roles.
• CSTE, CSQA, CTFL, CSTP or other industry recognized test certification
• Mobile test experience
• Linux/UNIX operating system experience